The Nutcracker suite and a pumpkin race

I just finished. I sent 8 mouse masks and a mouse king off to Melbourne, Australia for their Nutcracker ballet. Of course that doesn't mean I'm finished, finished. It's September and "back to school"  stuff is over so some Halloween orders have started, as well as odd orders like this one....

"Can you make a small paper mache head of my dog? I want to place it on a pumpkin for a pumpkin race. So the pumpkin will be the body of the dog. Also, this doesn't have to be perfect because the pumpkin will probably crash....just look like a white maltese. I can send a pic. But she is a typical white maltese. I would maybe need two in case it crashes and breaks."

...So I made her this head:


I also looked up pumpkin racing...



Hmmmmmm....

Anyway I'm also working on masks for 3 different weddings right now.  This is not a market I thought I'd ever have but apparently people use masks at weddings.

©Amber Hayes


© Amber Hayes

This is my fox mask and my jackalope mask from a wedding photo shoot. I think they look pretty amazing actually. Anyway back to work.



Comments

Popular Posts