Tree Creature and the new world

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions for us here. We bought our tickets to Casablanca for my artist residency in May! It's so exciting to know that we will spend our summer immersed in a culture so different from our own and during Ramadan as well!

Then Donald Trump had his shocking victory and this country has split in half. It's like we live in a new world. Today we went to church and they gave us these....


This is my safety pin. I will wear it from now on. Some say it's a meaningless gesture, but it's something anyway. 


Friday night I created my sign for my sculpture.


On Saturday morning we installed him in his planter on Grand Ave. for the Grand Ave. Festival.


I had wanted to make 2 sculptures for the event, but mask making took over my life for September to October. I will plan better next time.


All in all he looked pretty good out there.








Comments

Popular Posts