The Graduates


On Monday night Chloe walked across the stage at the Orpheum Theatre downtown and received her high school diploma!  I admit I got a little teary, but no one ever mentions that getting your kids through the first 12 years of school (oh yeah-13 counting kinder), feels like as much of an accomplishment as when you did it yourself! All those early mornings of dragging kids out of bed, struggling through math (or any other subject) lessons with them, dealing with bullying, finding the "right" school, ugh ... It just goes on!


The ceiling of the Orpheum is painted like a sky with stars and looks rather stunning.

The audience coming in.

Chloe onstage with the other grads.


Getting her diploma. She also received the literary arts award which was a huge honor and came with a $150 grant from her school. 


The candle light ceremony at the end.

 Mike and Chloe outside the theater afterwards.

The very next night was Phoebe's promotion/graduation from Madison #1 Middle School.

Phoebe and her friend Nina after the ceremony.


The graduation cake! Congratulations girls!!

In other news I finished my sketch for my Morocco residency....

Drawing for "Night over Tétouan"- my planned sculpture installation.  Right now I'm trying to raise the funds for myself and my family to get the rabies vaccine before we leave. It costs $250 a dose and each of us need 3 doses ... costing $3750! Anyway here's my Gofundme (that's going quite badly so far, but fingers crossed that we won't have to go and risk it!)



Comments

Popular Posts