Promo shots for my show and the miserable week

"An Intelligent Breed" by Carolyn Watson Dubisch -photo ©Duke Photography

About a week and half ago we brought some of my sculptures into Duke Photography for some promotional shots for my show next month.

"Reading in The Bath" by Carolyn Watson Dubisch- photo ©Duke Photography
The photographer, David Willhe, was very good, and seemed to enjoy shooting my art.


"The Gift" by Carolyn Watson Dubisch, photo ©Duke Photography
Anyway we got some good shots and now my art is up on the website here. I've also been working on some paintings for my show.  This is one of them....

The Garden Fairies by Carolyn Watson Dubisch


I'm painting six images on cut wood panels. I have finished almost five, so just one and half to go!

Unfortunately this last week was a pretty awful one. On Tuesday a nurse finally called me about my test results from the doctor. Apparently I'm pre-diabetic, which means now I have to eat better, exercise and test my blood sugar levels. On Wednesday I got a toothache and am now scheduled for a root canal next week. And then Thursday morning I was bit by a tiny insect on my ankle while walking the dog. I squashed it and didn't think about it for till the evening. Around 4pm it started itching and swelling.....



So when it looked like this I went to urgent care.  They put me on antibiotics and said to wait, and "It'll go down on it's own." So I came home and now after several days it looks like this...


Which is just so lovely. It doesn't hurt but I feel like a mutant growing another foot!  Anyway I've been hiding my ankle under a bandage and waiting for it to resolve itself, but it's really putting me in a bad mood.  Anyway here's hoping next week is a better one!

Comments

Popular Posts