Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Book Reviews!!! YAY!



I know, I know- I normally don't write book reviews on my blog (except for all that blathering on I do about my own work, which really doesn't count), but this chapter book for early readers has caught my eye and I thought I'd share. I have an 8 year old reluctant reader in my house and always like hearing input on good books for this age group.

Anyway, this book "the Great Snowball Escapade" struck a chord around here. Life is full of changes and so often they are challenging ones. This is the story of Wilhemena Brooks, a little girl who's life has hit a bit of a rough patch and her cousin, Bud Dunphry, who's in more of a tailspin. Together they discover that their new life together can be okay, maybe even good. It's a simply told story with realistic overtones and is the book to buy for any kid going through a difficult life change. The illustrations are gritty but charming and it's a truly engaging novel.

Now back to my book....



This is a hilarious video of Dr Twistid reading "The Horribles"!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

SOOO Funny!

Jan

Connie Arnold said...

Thanks for sharing the review. Funny video!

"People are willing to take these extraordinary chances to become writers, musicians, or painters, and because of them, we have a culture. If this ever stops, our culture will die, because most of our culture, in fact, has been created by people that got paid nothing for it--people like Edgar Allan Poe, Vincent Van Gogh or Mozart."-Kurt Vonnegut

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...